An update and some prayer points from Peter and Emma Loughridge:
The group worshipping in Edinburgh is still looking for somewhere public to meet. The community centre mentioned in last month’s email is too expensive to be workable. We have been trying many, many other possibilities over the last few weeks. Just within the last couple of days we have had contact with a high school in the same area (just half a mile from the community centre we were looking at – and, in fact, probably closer to the main roads!) who we might be able to hire rooms from at a much more affordable price. We plan to have a look at it this Tuesday (15th).
Once we get a venue sorted, our intention is to meet there on Sunday mornings for worship and on a weeknight also for a ‘Christianity Explained’-type course. If and when we get the booking finalised we intend to distribute invitations and other publicity in the surrounding area – and beyond that begin some door-to-door work.
* Praise God for these encouraging developments with the local high school.
* Keep praying that God will make it possible for us to get services and meetings started in a public venue.
* Pray that people from that community will come in and be saved.
* Pray for God’s continual leading and guiding in these early stages of the work in Edinburgh.
* Pray for those currently in the Edinburgh Fellowship – that God would encourage and strengthen us in our faith; that He would strengthen the bonds between us and build up the unity among us.
* Pray that God will build His Church in Edinburgh and throughout Scotland.
* Give thanks for Peter’s work in the Airdrie congregation and the oversight of the Session there.
* Pray for Emma’s involvement in both congregations and also with a weekly Stauros meeting for addicts and a local drop-in lunch.