I know it’s nearly 2009, but I can’t be letting Don’t Make Friends with Rabbit Food have a monopoly on end of year round ups…
Well, I did spend a good part of the year here, not least as part of the greatest GO team of all time!
Some banter. Mornin Jonny. Sugar. Post-everything discussions. ‘Why was Steve Irwin…’ All those Camp sketches we planned that only we would ever have found funny. Watch out for the Poles!
You can’t beat Newry with a big stick
Early days yet for my world-record appearances bid. Gregg has 13!
Back where we belong. Plus my hattrick against Stute!
It wouldn’t be an end of year round-up without a token NI match!
And here’s the quiz I’ve done the last two years:
1. What did you do in 2007 that you’ve never done before?
Lived in a foreign country.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Not that they told me.
4. Did you lose anyone close to you?
Well, I did lose several GO team members…
5. What countries did you visit?
The Free State and Scotland.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
No, I’m hard as nails. Well, I wasn’t 100% the day we played Derry City Supporters!
11. What was the best thing you bought?
iPod Nano – well, got it for my birthday.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Diesel, Stenaline, P&O, Mr. Kebab.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The Airdrie GO Team. Stuart in NI!
16. What song will always remind you of 2007?
Horse it into you Cynthia.
Runrig & The Tartan Army – Loch Lomond
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
I wrote memorising last year. Same probably applies.
21. Who deleted question 21?
At this rate of going, there’s hardly any questions left..
24. What was your favourite TV program?
Match of the Day. Dr Who. Poirot. Top Gear – Wednesday afternoons after football – g.
26. What was the best book you read?
The Christian Ministry – Charles Bridges
The Mission of God – Christopher J. H. Wright
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – J. K. Rowling
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
The Low Country Boys.
28. Best football chants?
“Are you watching Dennis Wise?” – v. Sweden
“[Insert score here] to the Champions” – Stute games in April!
29. What did you want and not get?
The Messenger on time
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Don’t think I seen a wile pile. Harry Potter 5 maybe.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
McDonald’s in Airdrie! And probably watched a film. 22.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
34. What kept you sane?
N. Irish people in general. And for the purposes of this survey we can include Beth in that!
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
37. Who did you miss?
38. Who was the best new person you met?
The good people of Airdrie (although I had met most of them before I suppose…)
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
“We only used you once this year, forgive us, Ulsterbus”
Celebrities who met me:
Stuart Olyott, yet again.